Monday, January 11, 2021

Bill Says No to Trump

Football's New England Patriots head coach, Bill Belichick, will not accept the Presidential Medal of Freedom from Trump.  Belichick has been a Trump friend and supporter even prior to Trump's 2016 election.   The White House only announced the planned award to Belichick on Sunday in an apparent bid to give Trump a photo opportunity with the successful coach this Wednesday.  

"Recently I was offered the opportunity to receive the Presidential Medal of Freedom, which I was flattered by out of respect for what the honor represents and admiration for prior recipients. Subsequently, the tragic events of last week occurred and the decision has been made not to move forward with the award.

 "Above all, I am an American citizen with great reverence for our nation's values, freedom and democracy. I know I also represent my family and the New England Patriots team. One of the most rewarding things in my professional career took place in 2020 when, through the great leadership within our team, conversations about social justice, equality and human rights moved to the forefront and became actions.

I wonder if Trump's other football pal, former Patriot quarterback, Tom Brady, will still be playing golf with Trump after his season ends? 

No comments:

Post a Comment