Tuesday, August 18, 2020

God Told Me to Poison You

Oleander Plant 5 Toxicity Of Oleander Oleander Plants Poisonous To ...

Maybe it's just me, but I tend to be really skeptical when someone tells me that a voice in their head has told them to do something specific.  Let's face it, "the voice in my head told me to do it" is a classic alibi for mass murderers.   It's not that far from "the voice in my head" to "Jesus told me to do that" as a reason for a persons action.  

One of Trump's most recent faux medical advisors (and campaign contributors), Mike Lindell, CEO of MyPillow (yes, a company that makes pillows) got in a dust-up on CNN due to his strident advocacy for the use of oleandrin, a toxic plant based compound, for the treatment of Covid-19.  After a testy exchange with Anderson Cooper, Lindell made it clear that he was motivated to shill for oleandrin, not because he stands to make money if it is approved for use, but because he had been directed by a higher authority.
“I do what Jesus has me do. I give the glory to God and I want to help people, that’s my passion,” Lindell said. “I’m not driven, I’m not money-driven.”
After Cooper asked whether “Jesus wants you promoting remedies that have never been tested,” Lindell implored him to ask himself why he’d ruin his reputation if he didn’t believe in the product.
Cooper refuted the notion that Lindell has a great reputation by pointing out that he received an “F” from the Better Business Bureau.
“You are in my prayers,  Anderson, because they destroyed me when I went all in for this great President,” Lindell said.
Wouldn't it be a great day if Jesus would just tell a few of these asshats to start promoting wearing masks and social distancing?  Why is He only dealing with people like Lindell?

No comments:

Post a Comment